Mobile Nav: - REAPER Gaming - News - Reviews - Rant - Funnies - Movies - Comics - Crew

Welcome to our Movies and Visual Media area. We shall try to keep up with the latest big screen and little screen antics, especially any related to games and stuff that is just... cool! WARNING! May not be suitable for under 16's

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Triangle - warning....could seriously brain your damage




Here's a cheery tale about a group of annoying middle class people who get caught in a storm at sea and end up on a creepy CGI liner that appears to have nobody aboard, marie celeste style. Or is that actually what it's about? Main protagonist is unstable single mum Melissa George...the best thing to come out of australian 90's soap operas since Guy Pearce and Natalie imbur embarg umbergl the brunette who sang that song about being "naked on du floah") Without giving too much away...I'm confused. I'm not sure if this movie is about timetravel ala excellent spanish thriller Chronocrimes, some kind of weird afterlife...thing...or merely the nightmares of a damaged brain and I'm not sure the writers know either. My head hurt after watching it, and not just because I'd trapped my head in the fridge door earlier.



There are parts of the movie that will make you go "eh?" some other bits that will have you muttering "I don't understand" and still other parts where you will go "Oh, I get it! Oh no wait....I don't," but I am a stupid man in many ways and if you can figure out what exactly is going the f**k on then fair play to you and your brain. (I thought I -nearly- had it...until the "dead birds on the beach" scene"...cue schizoid embolism) Melissa George is an attractive and talented actress (although for the entire movie she looks like she's trying to mentally negotiate advanced trigonometry while in the grip of severe PMS) and until your cerebellum starts to swell it's good-looking and gripping enough with some bursts of graphic violence. But I was waiting for a big kicker of a finale, I didnt get it and triangles are worst of all shapes anyway. Look at toblerones. Shite.


No comments:

Post a Comment